Welcome to the OpenExpedio Project
OpenExpedio is our name for open extensions to PDO. It's a light-weight ORB library that takes advantage of the newly adopted standard for database persistence in PHP 5.1+, PDO.
Learn more about xPDO...
- Object-relational bridge (ORB)
- Built on PDO, the standard DB layer for PHP 5.1+
- 2.x provides E_DEPRECATED and E_STRICT compliance for PHP 5.1+
- 1.x works with PHP 4 by providing PDO emulation
- Ultra-light approach with minimal script overhead
- Database platform agnostic, including data imports / exports
- Promotes optimized, platform-specific code
- Forward-engineering of code and metadata from xPDO schema in seconds.
- Reverse-engineering of existing databases into an xPDO schema in seconds.
- Result set caching that can utilize memcached, or a simple file-based cache, or a custom cache implementation of your own design.
- Supports JSON caching as well, to help maximize performance with AJAX applications.
Read more about xPDO features...